Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Wonders

Spring is probably the happiest time of year at Taylor University. The only time that might rival it are the first two weeks of fall semester that feel much more like a camp reunion than college. Yet, I'm going to be honest, this year I have been a pretty big fan of the Winter. First, there are very few things more beautiful than snow falling in the dark, backlit by classy, British style lampposts. Kind of feels like something straight from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Second, I really enjoy walking outside in a snowstorm. Weird, I know, but despite the title of "storm" there is something oddly peaceful and calming about being out in the middle of it all. I suppose it might be because peace in the chaos is such a foreign, refreshing thing. Third, when everything is gray and seemingly dead it makes that abiding sense of true peace and lasting joy all the more poingant.

Thoughts for the Day:

~I really like nine o'clock classes. I would schedule them every semester if I could.
~I really dislike eight o'clock classes.
~Starbucks is one of my favorite places to be in the morning. I know I might be damaging my indie cred by professing love for a chain coffee shop, but the reality is, I don't care.
~I wish I wore glasses.
~LOST is going to be good tonight.
~I just realized I left my cell phone at Starbucks. Bummer. I hope its still there.
~Also, just realized there is a redbox dvd sitting in my car that I've had for four days now and have yet to watch. My memory just isn't what it used to be.

Songs of the Day: Thank You Too! by My Morning Jacket, and Forgiving Me by Timothy Seth Avett As Darling

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts for your blog:

    ~Loving it (the blog).
    ~I echo your sentiments towards 8/9 o'clocks
    ~I just got a new pair of glasses and am immaturely reveling in their "coolness"
    ~Starbucks is indeed "the man." I also bought two drinks from them today (one of them being "your" bux).
    ~Keep 'em coming (the blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. admitting you love starbucks isn't a detriment to your indie cred.

    ReplyDelete