Monday, January 18, 2010

The Pope Lives Next Door

Stef Quote of the Day: (Premise: its 8:00 in the morning and we are on the bus heading to our drop off point. Everyone is really tired except for Stef and its cold so she wants the sun to come out so this is what she sings, multiple times) "Sun, Sun, please come out. Please come out or I will pout."

So here we are Rome, literally a quarter of a mile from a completely different country, the Vatican.

We drove through snow covered mountains on the way in. It made me mountain sick for snowboarding. Being a poor college student is overrated.

Maybe seeing Iron & Wine in Holland with Mario and Reid when we get back stateside. Yeah, Jim, I mean, Sam Beam.

Got what was probably the most well put invitation to a pub crawl today that I have ever received. Actually, who am I kidding, I've never been invited to a pub crawl. But he was actually a pretty cool guy. He grew up in Canada, then came to Italy to work for the UN but hated it, so for the last three years heàs made money advertising these huge drinking parties to tourists. In two and a half weeks he is moving to Brazil to start his own travel agency. People are awesome.

Rome is classy, but people were nicer in Greece I think. Also, the food was better.

I miss the Silver Fox.

Song of the Day: Ballad of Love and Hate by the Avett Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment